Despite four players scoring in double-digits, the Syracuse men’s basketball team fell to No. 14/15 Buffalo, 72-63, Tuesday evening at the Carrier Dome. Buffalo remains undefeated on the season at 11-0 as the Orange move to 7-4. Frank Howard led the Orange, notching season-highs in nearly every statistical category including 13 points and a 3-of-5 performance from beyond the arc. He also contributed a season-best four rebounds.
Elijah Hughes had a team-high 16 points followed by 11 from Tyus Battle. Oshae Brissett racked up 12 rebounds and 10 points for his third double-double of the season.
- Recap & Stats (Cuse.com)
- Buffalo 71, Syracuse 59: Bulls declare themselves best in New York (NunesMagician.com)
- Syracuse falls to No. 14 Buffalo, 71-59, in historic loss (Daily Orange)
- Buffalo pulls away from Syracuse to win battle of New York (Syracuse.com)
- Box score: Syracuse basketball vs. Buffalo (Syracuse.com)
COACH BOEHEIM POST GAME:
MORE COVERAGE & REACTIONS:
– Missed free throws and more takeaways from Syracuse’s 71-59 loss to No. 14 Buffalo (Daily Orange)
– Three takeaways from Syracuse basketball’s 71-59 loss to Buffalo (NunesMagician.com)
– Best and worst from Syracuse basketball’s loss to Buffalo (Syracuse.com)
Buffalo coach Nate Oats on Syracuse: “No disrespect to their guys, but I think we do have better players.”
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) December 19, 2018
That was NOT an upset you just watched, folks. I don't care what the Vegas line said before this game (Syracuse -3). Buffalo was the ranked team and the better team coming in and flat out beat Syracuse.
— Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia) December 19, 2018
Buffalo coach Nate Oats on #Syracuse: “They’ll get this together. They’ll probably make the Tournament again. It happens every year — they’ll probably make the Sweet 16.”
— Orange Fizz (@OrangeFizz) December 19, 2018
— New York Post (@nypost) December 18, 2018
— WAER Sports (@WAERSports) December 19, 2018