On Tuesday around 5:10 p.m. firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in Phelps after it was discovered by the residents.
Phelps and Oaks Corners fire departments were called to the scene, with initial units arriving on-scene — reporting smoke coming from the single-story multi-family structure.
Phelps FD and Oaks Corner FD are finishing up from a structure fire on County Road 6 near Cress Road. #fire #firefighters pic.twitter.com/gnKztCqhtH
— Jack Haley (@jackhaley42) March 14, 2018
Ontario County Emergency Management says mutual aid was requested from neighboring departments, which included North Side and Border City. Phelps Ambulance also assisted at the scene.
The fire was brought under control 40 minutes later, and no injuries were reported.
Emergency Management reports that the fire remains under investigation. They say that preliminary report indicates that the fire started from unattended cooking on the stove.