After trailing by five goals on two separate occasions, the No. 14 Syracuse men’s lacrosse team (2-1) led a furious comeback, capped off by Dom Madonna sending a full-field pass to Ryan Simmons in triple overtime to bury the game-winner in another Carrier Dome thriller.
The Orange were limited to just one goal in the first half, but stormed out of the locker room to net nine of the final-12 goals and come away with the 11-10 victory over No. 9 Army (3-1). Syracuse was led by Nate Solomon, who scored twice and added a pair of assists. Madonna also delivered a stellar performance in net, stopping seven shots, including three at point-blank range in the overtime periods.
Jamie Trimboli (1-1), Stephen Rehfuss (1-1), Ryan Simmons (1-1) and David Lipka (2-0) all recorded multi-point days for the Orange. Read More
MORE COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Syracuse lacrosse erases 5-goal deficit, beats Army in triple overtime (Syracuse.com)
– Gallery: No. 16 Syracuse tops No. 9 Army, 11-10, in triple overtime (Daily Orange)
– Tale of two halves as SU comes back from down five for a triple OT victory (NunesMagician.com)
– Dom Madonna shines in net, gets assist on game-winner in triple overtime (Daily Orange)
– Syracuse lacrosse goalie saves game, assists on winning goal vs. Army (Syracuse.com)