After trailing by five at halftime, Syracuse outscored Southern Connecticut State 60-30 in the second half and ran away with an 84-59 victory. Sophomore Tyus Battle and junior Frank Howard combined for 39 points and Battle added six rebounds.
Freshman Oshae Brissett chipped in with 16 points and five rebounds and freshman Bourama Sidibe added eight points with 12 boards and five blocks.
- Recap & Stats (Cuse.com)
- Syracuse basketball survives awful 1st half, beats Southern Connecticut State (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse defeats Southern Connecticut, 84-59 (NunesMagician.com)
- Box Score: Syracuse 84, SCSU 59 (exhibition) (Syracuse.com)
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE:
– Gallery: Syracuse comes back to beat So. Connecticut State (Daily Orange)
– Best and worst from Syracuse win over Southern Connecticut State (Syracuse.com)
– Superlatives from Syracuse 84-59 win over Southern Connecticut State in exhibition (Daily Orange)
– Bourama Sidibe looks to develop into the forward Syracuse’s frontcourt needs (Daily Orange)
JOHN WALLACE HALFTIME INTERVIEW: