Eric Dungey passed for two scores and ran for a third to lead Syracuse (2-1) by Central Michigan (2-1), 41-17, at the Carrier Dome on Saturday.
Dungey was 19-of-35 for 279 yards and touchdown passes to Dontae Strickland (18 yards) and Ravian Pierce (6 yards). He also ran 11 times for 105 yards, including a one-yard scoring run.
Syracuse had a third quarter for the ages. After coming out of the locker room with a 24-17 lead, the Orange exploded for 333 yards of total offense and 17 points. At the same time, the Syracuse defensive unit limited Central Michigan to 60 yards and no points over the 15 minutes worth of play.
Dungey capped a 90-yard drive with a one-yard run to begin the period and teamed with tight end Ravian Pierce on a six-yard touchdown pass to push the Orange advantage to 38-17.
Cole Murphy contributed his second field goal of the game a 25-yarder, to put Syracuse ahead 41-17 heading into the fourth period. Read More
COACH BABERS POSTGAME:
MORE POSTGAME COVERAGE ONLINE:
– Fast reactions: Syracuse finds rushing attack and 3rd down stops in 41-17 blowout of Central Michigan (Daily Orange)
– Best and worst from Syracuse football win over Central Michigan (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse football pulls away in 2nd half for much-needed blowout of Central Michigan (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse offense clicks in 41-17 win over Central Michigan (Daily Orange)
– Three takeaways from Syracuse’s bounce-back 41-17 win over Central Michigan (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse football box score vs. Central Michigan (Syracuse.com)
– How many people sweated in the Carrier Dome for Syracuse football-Central Michigan? (Syracuse.com)