The Bills newest wide receiver won’t be on the field anytime soon. After participating in his first practice with his new teammates, Jordan Matthews is listed as week to week after suffering a chip fracture in his sternum.
The injury happened when he went to the ground hard after competing with a defensive back for a pass. Matthews finished practiced, but afterwards he underwent examination for discomfort in his chest and the chip fracture was discovered.
It’s a difficult pill for Matthews to swallow after being eager to get off to a fresh start in Buffalo. The receiver is now not expected to play in the Bills preseason game Thursday at Philadelphia.
BuffaloBills.com: Read More
MORE BILLS COVERAGE:
– With Darby gone, Bills CBs compete for starting spot (WHEC)
– They were the brawling Bills on a feisty training camp day at St. John Fisher (Democrat & Chronicle)
– New Bills receiver Jordan Matthews out with chest injury (WHEC)
– Bills get sloppy, chippy, nasty (WROC)
– Logan Thomas enjoying training camp with his family by his side (WROC)