The Auburn Fire Department reports that on Wednesday around 1:30 pm they were called to the Colonial Laundromat for a general alarm.
When the first crew arrived on scene, they noted moderate smoke coming from the structure, which was ultimately traced back to two dryer units that had begun burning. No injuries were reported and the fire department notes that they were able to contain the fire to the two dryer units where the fire started.
The business was able to remain open throughout the process. They evacuated while the dryers were removed from the facility.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.