Penn Yan Fire Department contains kitchen fire

On Wednesday morning at approximately 6:45 am the Penn Yan Fire Department as well as the Police Department responded to 105 Clinton Street for a report of a kitchen fire in the apartment.The occupants of the residence were awoken by a smoke detector and left the apartment to awake a downstairs neighbor to call 911. A quick response by the fire department contained fire damage to the kitchen area, however smoke damage affected the rest of the residence. The cause of the fire was found to be from a pot left on the stove with the electric burner on.Red Cross was called to assist occupants of the apartment and Benton Fire responded with mutual aid. No injuries were reported.

Also on FingerLakes1.com