High speed chase ends in arrest for Waterloo man

On Saturday September 12th at approximately 5:25 am the Town of Seneca Falls Police Department arrested James W. Rogers, age 46 of 116 East Elisha Street in Waterloo, following a high speed vehicle pursuit that ended in the Town of Seneca Falls. Geneva PD received a report of a suspicious vehicle in the city and when they arrived on location, the vehicle took off. Geneva PD along with the Ontario County Sheriffs Department pursued the vehicle into Seneca County and that was when the Seneca County Sheriffs department along with the Seneca Falls Police Department joined the pursuit. During the pursuit, officers attempted to deployed the spike strips but were unsuccessful. The pursuit occurred over multiple townships with multiple V and T violations, and finally ended when Rogers pulled his vehicle off the road in between two houses on East Bayard Street Extension in the Town of Seneca Falls. Rogers then exited his vehicle and fled on foot. Officers pursued him for a short time and he was eventually taken into custody without incident. Rogers was charged with the following; Unlawful Fleeing a Police Officer in a Motor Vehicle in the 3rd Degree, 2 counts of Speed Not Reasonable and Prudent, 2 counts of Improper/No Signal, 2 counts of Failure to Keep Right, 2 counts of Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign, Improper Right Turn, Unlicensed Operation, Aggravated Unlicensed Operation in the 2nd Degree, and Operating without an interlock device. Rogers was arraigned in the Town of Seneca Falls Court and remanded to the Seneca County Correctional Facility in lieu of $2,500 cash/ $5,000 bond and is scheduled to re-appear in the Town of Seneca Falls Court on October 28th at 9 am to answer to the charges. Rogers was charged on multiple V and T violations and also multiple Unlawfully Fleeing a Police Officer in the 3rd Degree by the Seneca County Sheriff’s Department as well . Rogers has charges pending out the city of Geneva and Ontario County relating to this pursuit. Rogers vehicle was towed from the scene. No one was hurt during the pursuit.

Also on FingerLakes1.com