Space heater causes house fire in Waterloo

On Friday at about 3:30 pm, the Waterloo Police Department and Waterloo Fire Department responded to 106 North Virginia Street in the Village of Waterloo for a report of a structure fire inside a back room of the residence.Upon arrival, the back addition to the house was on fire and quickly extinguished by the Fire Department. The two occupants inside were able to evacuate without any injuries and call 911.Following investigation, it was determined a faulty space heater in the back room of the house was the cause of the fire.Also assisting on scene was the Seneca Falls Fire Department, Border City Fire Department, Fayette Fire Department, Magee Fire Department, the Seneca County Fire Investigation Team, American Red Cross and North Seneca Ambulance.

Also on FingerLakes1.com