Faulty dehumidifier cause of Fayette fire

On July 5th 2012 at 7:02 a.m. Seneca County Sheriff’s Office reports that Sheriff’s Deputies investigated a report of smoke in the basement of a residence located at 4121 Canoga Shores in the Town of Fayette. Upon the arrival of Sheriff’s Deputies the fire was contained to one room and extinguished quickly by Firefighters from Canoga and Fayette Fire Department. One room in the residence received minor damage and there was smoke damage throughout the entire residence. The homeowners John Riley age 81 & Anne Riley age 80 were home at the time of the fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunctioning dehumidifier. There were no injuries reported. The residence was insured.

Also on FingerLakes1.com