No injuries in early morning Waterloo fire

The Waterloo Fire Department and Waterloo Police Department responded to a structure fire at 19 Amherst Rd on Monday morning just after 5:00 am where they found the attached garage fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the garage, leaving minimal damage to the main structure. Residents Gary Chilson and Linda Sandman were awoke by the sound of the fire and where able to evacute the home with their infant grandson and family pets and contacted 911.Assisting at the scene were the Seneca Falls Fire Dept, Border City Fire Dept, Fayette Fire Dept, North Seneca Ambulance, NYSEG, and Seneca County Sheriff’s Dept.The home was deemed inhabitable due to the fire and the residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross. The cause of the fire was determined to be faulty electric in the garage. No injuries were reported and the home was insured.

Also on FingerLakes1.com