Sodus teens save choking 5-year-old

A 5 year-old child was choking on a coin is alive today thanks to the quick action of counselors at a Summer Camp in Sodus, NY. The child was saved by two teenage staff members who were trained in CPR and First Aid through the Wayne County American Red Cross.The incident happened Monday, August 3rd at Sodus High School. The child apparently swallowed a dime and stopped breathing. The two high school age staff members began upper abdominal thrusts and dislodged the object from the child’s throat. The two staff members are trained in Red Cross First Aid and CPR. Representatives from the Wayne County Red Cross will be at the Sodus Central High School pool Wednesday, August 5th at 3:30pm to present two Life Saving awards to the staff members. Sodus High School is located at 54 Mill Street in Sodus, NY.

Also on FingerLakes1.com