Chimney fire Tuesday night in Waterloo

Seneca County Sheriff’s Office reports, Deputies responded to a chimney fire at the residence of Christopher Folk, 38, 2823 Serven Rd Waterloo, NY 13165. Deputies report that the chimney suffered extensive damage after catching fire at approx 9:04pm. The Border City Fire Dept with assistance from Geneva Fire Dept responded to the scene and quickly extinguished the fire. The fire was ruled to have started due to a build up of creosote.Deputies report that minimal damage was caused to the structure , the residence was insured. There were no reported injuries.

Also on FingerLakes1.com