Structure fire in Lodi on Tuesday evening

Fire and law enforcement officials responded to a structure fire at 9464 Lodi – Covert Townline Rd at about 0605 hrs. Deputies conducted an investigation and discovered that a chimey from a wood stove had overheated and caused the ceiling of the residence to begin to burn. Lodi Fire Department was first to arrive on scene and was able to contain the fire to ceiling and stove area causing minimal damage to the residence. The resident was home at the time of the fire and was able to exit the residence without injury.Responding to the scene was Lodi Fire Departmant as primary, Interlaken Fire Department and Ovid Fire Department also responded as mutual aid. The resident/ owner is Michael George age 50.

Also on FingerLakes1.com